about 100 man atx
We don’t technically exist. We are a non-entity. We have no directors, presidents, or treasurers. We have no bank account. We have no operating budget, because our members write their checks directly to the recipient charity. “We”, collectively, are just a group of guys getting together four times a year because we care about Austin, TX. Our core group of organizers are simply volunteers generously donating their time to try and make a difference.
The goal of the group is to support our local charities and raise awareness about the wonderful work they’re doing.
How it works
- Representatives from the 3 charities will be asked to make an eight-minute presentation to the group about that charity's' initiative and why they are deserving of the group’s vote.
- After the presentations, a ballot is held and the charity with the most votes by simple majority will be the recipient of the group gift.
- During the ballot count, last session’s winning charity will give a brief presentation on how the funds donated at the previous meeting were used.
- All members must then write out their check to the charity with the most votes – no exceptions.
- Multiple checks are great! The winning charity must get at least $100 from you as well.
- We’re a mens group. No women will be allowed entrance other than charity presenters.
- Members who did not vote for the selected organization must make their donation to the charity voted on by the majority of those in attendance.
- There is no proxy voting.
- Members who cannot attend must ensure their $100 check (in a sealed envelope) reaches their ‘buddy’ or the meeting organizers before the meeting starts.
- If you miss a meeting you must send a check with a buddy.
- Members will receive a tax receipt directly from the winning charity.
- Organizations under consideration must serve Austin area and provide individual tax receipts directly to www.100manatx.org
- The recipient charity is not eligible to be nominated/presented for 2 (two) years. The other two charities may be nominated/presented again after 6 months.
- Ties will be decided by a coin flip.
- The selected organization must agree not to give out member information to any third parties except for tax purposes.
- Meetings are diligently conducted in one hour or less (with ample opportunity for networking at a happy hour prior to each meeting).